To our valued customers and community members,
This unprecedented public health crisis is impacting our communities in many ways, and Maine Solar Solutions is doing what we can to support the health and wellbeing of the communities we work and live. We have been closely monitoring national and state orders related to COVID-19 and taking careful consideration of our responsibility to our customers, employees, our families, and our greater community.
Answers to our most frequently are below. We will update this page as our response to COVID-19 evolves.
Last updated: May 6, 2020
We Continue to Be Here For You
First and foremost, we want to assure you that Maine Solar Solutions is open for business even as we shelter in place. We are continuing to operate with the integrity and high standard of service you have come to expect.
- Our office staff has been and continues to be working from home (with Sam Zuckerman, the owner, working solo in the office).
- Our support, maintenance, and repair services are continuing uninterrupted. Our electricians and field supervisors are available to perform service, maintenance, and critical installation work for our customers if needed.
- Our technical support staff are available for remote support and diagnosis.
- Our Solar Consultants remain available and are here to answer all of your solar questions.
- Our administrative team continues to process permitting and CMP paperwork and is available to answer your questions.
- We encourage you to keep an eye on our Facebook page and in our newsletters for announcements regarding our upcoming series of online solar presentations.
There is a lot of uncertainty on how this pandemic will unfold and for how long it will impact our lives. One thing we’re sure of is that solar energy is here to stay, and Maine Solar Solutions will continue to be with you for the long haul. We continue to see a healthy pipeline of work and continue to field customer queries and provide virtual solar consults. Customers continue to get projects under contract, and we have seen a greater interest in battery backup systems during this period of uncertainty. Maine Solar Solutions is a financially secure company. Our long term viability is secure and stable.
Are you still conducting in-home site assessments?
Yes! At this time, we have moved to Virtual Consultations to start. We understand many people still prefer face-to-face communication; however, to keep everyone safe, we will begin the process using phone, email, and video. After the Virtual Consultation, we will schedule a time to visit your site.
Here’s How Virtual Consultation Will Work:
- The first step is to gather some information. We will confirm your address, collect some information about your home, and determine your annual electricity usage either through email or on an introductory call.
- Once we have your electricity usage, our solar consultants will prepare a preliminary solar proposal to share with you on your virtual consultation meeting.
- During the virtual consultation, we will share our screen with you so we can thoroughly explain how solar electric works and give you an overview of options that are available to you. Based on your feedback, we may present a couple of options. We are always happy to revise system size and specifications to help you meet your renewable energy goals and your budget.
- After the virtual call, our team will schedule a time to come and measure your roof and conduct a thorough shade reading. Plus, it is important we meet you in person (from a safe distance, of course).
- After the onsite assessment, we will send you a revised proposal to review with you.
To schedule a free solar assessment, please click here.
Should I expect any disruptions should I need service or have questions about my system?
Though working remotely, our support, maintenance, and repair services will continue uninterrupted. If you ever feel that there is a problem with your solar energy system, you can fill out our service form here or give us a call at (207) 871-7191.
My workplace has or may shut down, and I’m worried about being able to pay for my install. What are my options?
We know this may be a difficult time for a lot of homeowners, and we want to help with any billing concerns you may have. We have instituted a new postponement and cancellation policy. If you get under contract now or are under contract and into our installation queue, please be secure in the knowledge that if your financial circumstances require you to postpone or cancel your planned installation that you will receive a refund for your deposit (minus Central Maine Power application fee of $100 and permit costs). We are also able to implement flexible payment plan options. Contact us, and we’ll talk to you about potential options regarding future payments.
I have already signed a contract with you. When Can I Expect My Solar Install?
As of May 4, 2020, we have begun to resume our residential installation activities. If you are under contract with us, know that we have maintained your place on our installation queue. We have also sent you an email with more details – so please be on the lookout!
Our team leads will be reaching out to you within two to three weeks of your installation start date to coordinate your project.
Protocols that we are following to ensure hygiene and safety during installations:
- Hand wash stations
- Use of hand sanitizer and wipes
- Use of masks and gloves as appropriate
- Appropriate Social distancing
What you can do to maintain safety:
- Please notify us if you have any concerns or requests regarding how we can safely work at your home.
- Please notify us if anyone in your household is sick or at high risk of exposure at your home.
Don’t hesitate to reach out to us directly with any concerns on how this may impact you:
Project Manager: Philip Walter, Operations Manager at (207) 272-0154 or email@example.com.
CMP Paperwork or payment terms: Maureen Williams at (207) 871-7191 or maureen@mainesolarsolutions.
If I sign a contract with you, will my install take place this year so I can receive the 26% Federal Tax Credit?
2020 is a big year for solar as the tax credit is going to decline, and our schedule remains steady with work. For those prospective customers wanting to take advantage of the 26% federal tax credit and are concerned about getting a place on our installation schedule, we hope you appreciate the steps we are taking above so we can make that install happen for you this year.
We’ve been your local solar company for over eight years, and we look forward to continuing to work with our community as we enable the transformation to renewable energy for all Mainers. We also appreciate the support we’ve received in return – from the flexibility and understanding shown by our customers, to the hard work from our employees and vendors. We know that with vigilance, discipline, and good spirit, we will get through this together.
Sam Zuckerman and the Maine Solar Solutions team